So it seems we are already in February. You have Valentine’s day front and center for the month. Love is in the air and all that jazz. So if we’re all busy focusing on love, why can’t we extend that to ourselves?.
Self love is something I seem to talk about frequently. I know how hard it can be to try and love yourself. So when I say “self love” does it mean you have to love everything?. No, definitely not. I like to think of myself as a work in progress.
No one is perfect, we all have our faults and things we are/should be working on. That’s okay! We’re human, we’re not meant to be perfect.
So why did I choose February to bring this up? Well it is the month of love (or single awareness). Haha.
Easy February self care/love ideas
- Give yourself a at home spa day
- Read a book you’ve had your eye on
- Go for a walk or run
- Enjoy some time outside
- Watch a romantic comedy
- Volunteer at a local shelter walking dogs or playing with kitties
- Write a list of things you love about yourself
- Cook your favorite meal
- Go for coffee with a friend
- Work up a sweat
- Give yourself some “personal” time (I’m talking masturbation here)
- Write a goals you want to achieve in 5 years, 10 years and 20 years list
- Call and talk to a loved one
- Buy yourself something
- Take a class you’ve always wanted to try
- Treat yourself to a solo date night
- Go to a movie alone
- Listen to your favorite music
- Sing in the shower
- Do some stretching
- Light your favorite candles
- Have a nap
- Put on a outfit that makes you feel incredible
What are some ways you are practicing self care this month? Let me know down in the comments below.
Till next time,