Hello my phat friends. If you are new here, than welcome to my body positive blog. If you’re a repeat viewer than thank you for coming back, I’m glad I didn’t scare you away. 🙂
Todays blog post is all about my 10 favorite body positive quotes. I love a good quote that inspires people and are real. I like when people are honest.
So without further ado let’s get started;
My top 10 body positive quotes
*this list is in no particular order*
1. “The best gift you are ever going to give someone — the permission to feel safe in their own skin. To feel worthy. To feel like they are enough” – Hannah Brencher
This quote really resonates with me. It’s a very hard thing to try and not hate your body. Sometimes you just need to know that it’s okay.
2. “Feeling beautiful has nothing to do with what you look like. I promise” -Emma Watson
I am a huge Emma Watson fan., and I completely agree with this quote. It is possible to feel beautiful no matter what you look like.
3. “I am allowed to look sexy, feel sexy, and be in love. I am worthy of all of those things. And so are you.” – Mary Lambert
I couldn’t agree with Mary more. EveryBODY should be allowed to feel, beautiful, sexy, and worthy of love.
4. “Confidence is the only key. I can’t think of any better representation of beauty than someone who is unafraid to be herself.” – Emma Stone
This quote goes not just for women. Once you get over that fear to just be yourself, you are unstoppable.
5. “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress, simultaneously.” –Sophia Bush
You can appreciate your body for what it is and still want to make some changes, and thats okay.
6. “Another person’s beauty is not the absence of your own.” –Unknown
Yes, yes and yes!
Here’s some more body positive quotes
“7. You have to stand up and say, there’s nothing wrong with me or my shape or who I am, you’re the one with the problem!'” — Jennifer Lopez
Yes! You have to advocate for yourself. No one is going to do it for you. You are enough.
8. “Your weight does not determine your worth” – Rachel Pate
You are so much more than a number on the scale. Your weight does not determine whether you are kind, friendly, smart, compassionate, funny, or sexy.
9. ” Life’s to short to be unkind to yourself” – Unknown
If you are told something long enough eventually you start to believe it. Don’t be the reason you have a negative self image.
10. ” I happen to be very confident in my own skin. It takes time to get to that place, but it’s all about embracing yourself and your body,” – Christna Aguilera
I appreciate how Christina has gone through some body changes in the past and still remained confident in herself.
Let’s round up these quotes
I think loving yourself as you get older is a learned skill. There is so much out there trying to tell people that they are not enough as they are.
A lot changes when you decide to start loving yourself. People notice that change in you and will treat you accordingly.
So those are just 10 of my favorite body positive quotes. Do you have a favorite body positive quote? Let me know down in the comments below.
*Just a last minute note, there is nothing wrong with wanting to change your body, but it does deserve respect. It does a lot for you. 🙂
Till next time