Being honest it’s a very scary and stressful time for a lot of people. Especially those having to be quarantined. It can become very difficult to find the positives when you are lonely.
Now, more than ever we need to look out for and support one another while confined. Text, facetime, email, call, tweet, anything that connects you with other people. Remember to be kind to others and yourself.
Keep in mind that not everyone enjoys being reclusive.
Self care tips while being quarantined
- Stay Connected. Like I mentioned above, take advantage of technology. Being restricted to staying home is not ideal for some. Text people, facetime, Skype, call, tweet, email. Anything so that you are able to communicate with others. This will help alleviate your fears and theres as well.
- Do something you enjoy. Read a book or watch some of your favorite tv shows. Revisit your childhood and watch old favorites. (I personally love The Emperors New Groove, Beauty and the Beast, and Mulan).
- Get Creative. Try a new recipe, make a digital scrapbook, write or blog. Being creative really helps to soothe the mind.
- Practice Grounding. Grounding uses your senses. Sight, taste, touch, hear, smell. It works well for anxiety, stress and even anger.
- Use Spotify and make a playlist of favorite songs new and old. Spotify is great for listening to music, plus it’s free. It has loads of songs in basically every genre.
Related post- For suggestions on books to read check out my book blog.
Let’s keep going
- Use hand lotion. I know it’s probably drilled into your head by now to wash your hands all the time. All that hand washing and alcohol based sanitizer can really do a number on your skin. Don’t forget to moisturize your hands. You don’t want them to get cracked and bleed, that could lead to other problems.
- Excercise. You may not be able to go to the gym or for a run but that doesn’t mean you have to just sit around. There are loads of excercises that don’t require equipment and you can do at home. Yoga, sit ups, pushups, burpees (I loath them), jumping jacks. Get creative and use items around your house as weights.
- Meditation. Work on finding your center, relaxing your mind and focusing on the moment you are in. Not things that could or have happened. Be present, right here, right now.
- De-Clutter. Just because you are self quarantined it doesn’t mean you can’t be productive. Sort your emails, organize your closet, match all the random Tupperware you have in the drawer, (We all have a random plastic container space with mismatched lids, don’t lie and tell me you don’t).
- Spend time with your pet. Pet therapy is a real thing. It creates a calming effect petting a animal. Plus not only is it enjoyable for you, they love it too.
Remember you are not alone. There are a lot of people being quarantined right now. We are all alone together. Oxymoron I know, but it’s true.
Now is the time we should be supporting each other. We can get through this together.
Feel free to reach out to me if you like. You can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or drop comment on this post.
Stay calm my friends,