Top 10 things I am grateful for
Hello my Phat friends! I know it has been a while since I last posted and for that I apologize. This weekend in Canada (where I live) is Thanksgiving weekend. So in the spirit of Thanksgiving I thought it would be appropriate to do a gratitude post. This post will go over the top 10 things I am grateful for. Without further ado let’s get started 😉
1) My Husband. I had to put my husband as #1 otherwise I’d never hear the end of it. Lol. Yes he can try my patience sometimes but he has always supported me in what I wanted to do. He loves me unconditionally, which is greatly appreciated.
2) Duffey (my cat). I would have put my fur baby as #1 but ya know. Talk about unconditional love, animals do not care what you look like or what skeletons you may have in your closet. They just want to love you. Duffey is always there for me when I need some comfort.
3) Being Canadian. No, I am not trying to start a debate on what country is better. I mean I’m happy to live in a country where I can express myself, vote, and have free health care (even though the Canadian medical system is a joke).
4) Stable job. In recent years I’ve lost about 7ish jobs due to my mental health. Is cleaning my dream job? *snorts* ya, nope. But I have been working in the same place for over a year now, the hours are great and the people for the most part are really nice.
5) Fall (Autumn) mornings. Fall is my favorite season. I leave for work around 6:25 am (I walk) and it is nice and crisp and smells fantastic. Sweater weather, I’m here for it.
6) Princess Lacey. Princess Lacey is a VERY sweet female cat I see almost daily either on my way to work or from work. She really is a sweet old soul. She is so easy going, loves to cuddle and is just so chill
7) Plus size clothing stores. This should go without saying seeing as this is a plus size blog, and yes, fat people need clothes too. It’s a great feeling to walk into a store and not feel judged. The first time I walked into Penningtons the woman working there told me how small I was (I literally wore the smallest size) lol. They were friendly and not once have they judged me. Since then I’ve moved up in size (pretty much a 2x) and they are still just as fantastic.
8) Hot beverages. Its no secret I live for herbal tea. But come Fall I also live for Hot chocolate and pumpkin spice lattes. Nomnomnom. Starbucks sees me coming and just sees dollar signs. Haha. But honestly I go to Starbucks once every 6-8 weeks or when I see my hair salon.
9) Books. I love to read, in any form. Whether it be a physical book, ebook or audiobook. Audiobooks are more tricky for me because I get turned off very easily by narrating.
10) My Dad and my brother. Its embarrassing to say as a 31 year old but my Dad and my younger (more responsible) brother have helped me out a lot!. The end of 2015 saw my mental health come crashing down and since then they have offered assistance when needed. I’m very lucky to have them.
Well those are just 10 things I’m grateful for. Some are more simple than others. What are some things you are grateful for? Let me know in the comments below.
If you enjoy my content and want to see more don’t forget to subscribe ;-).
Till next time