Beth (thanks Beth!) over at Life of Beth nominated me for The Mystery Blogger Award. I’ve been nominated previously (which is extremely kind) but have yet to do a post about it.
*You can read Beth’s Mystery Blogger Award post here.*
What is the Mystery blogger award?
This award was created by Okoto Enigma. They created it for bloggers who have yet to be discovered. This way they can receive something for all their hard work.
This is a way for bloggers to nominate other bloggers so more people may discover bloggers they may not have come across.
The rules for the mystery blogger award
1. Put the award logo/image on your blog
2. List the rules
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5. Tell your reader three things about yourself
6. Nominate 10-20 people
7. Notify your nominees
8. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice with one weird or funny question (specifically)
9. Share a link to your best post(s)
3 random things about me
- I learned balloon twisting at a youth bible retreat when I was 13. It’s still something I can do now.
- I have never smoked in my life. (Go me!, haha)
- I have had 3 brain surgeries in my life. (I have hydrocephalus. Which means water on the brain). I have a tube (well multiple tubes but only one fully connected one) that runs from my head to my abdomen to drain the extra fluid.
- Nyxie from Nyxiesnook
- Jenni from housewifehustle
- Ashley from Mentalhealth@home
- unwanted life from unwantedlife
- Bexa from hellobexa
- Helen from Helensjourney
- Kayleighann from selfloveandsertraline
- Jess from Justcallmejess
- Enn from thoughtswithn
- Beth from theblackant
- Emily from thatweirdgirllife
- Rhiannon from Mrsleejones
My nominee questions
- What inspired you to start your blog?
- If you had to choose between being a cat, dog or bird which would you choose and why?
- What is your favorite book?
- Where is your favorite place to be?
- What is a fear that you have?
- Where is your dream place to travel in the world?
I would love to visit Greece, all the history just leaves me swooning. I love mythology so seeing the Temple of Poseidon would be incredibly awesome.
2. Do you think social media makes people more or less connected and why?
I don’t want to look like I’m “ducking” the question but I think it’s both. I’ve met a lot of great and supportive people through Facebook and Twitter. Had I not been a part of social media I probably never would have met them.
At the same time social media tends to decrease face to face conversations and meetings. So as you can see, I can argue for either way.
3. We have been told of many ways we can help to try and stop/prevent global warming. Which one method do you think is the best one for everyone to start doing and why?
Well, everyone holding their breath isn’t a option so I won’t go with that. I want to say decreased animal product and bi product consumption. I have a feeling I may get some boos here. Even if something small like meatless Mondays. Obviously going vegan is not for everyone so another simple thing would be to use reusable bags.
Just a couple more questions
4. If you could give out a message to the anti-vaxxers of the world what would it be?
Boy… Beth is really asking some political questions here. So before I answer this just a disclaimer. Everyone is open to their own opinions, what works for one person may not work the same for another.
Okay, I worked in health care for 12 years. I’ve seen what can happen when someone catches some of the diseases they have vaccines for.
So, I will say to seriously think about why you don’t want to vaccinate and consider your options. If you can prevent an illness or at least “minimize it”, why wouldn’t you?
5. Beth asked if I could be any animal what would I be and why.
I feel like I would be a platypus. Or a t-rex because they have tiny arms and I can never seem to reach anything.
Moving on from extinct dinosaurs, yes I think I’d make a oddly swell platypus. They look like a cross between a duck and a beaver, they sweat milk and they are adorable. Weird yet adorable, just like me ;-).
Thanks again Beth!
Till next time,